Integral Water Repellent Admixtures
- ConTec TS-922
- ConTec TS-923
- ConTec TS-941
- ConTec TS-942
- ConTec TS-943
- ConTec WR-650
- Tech Shield Mortar Admixture
Tech Shield SystemThe Tech Shield Water Repellent System from Innovative Concrete Technology, LLC protects concrete masonry structures from rainwater intrusion & related damage.
The Tech Shield System utilizes admixtures for both concrete masonry units (CMU) and masonry mortar.
- The blocks (CMU) are produced at the factory with integral water-repellent admixture.
- The mortar used for the construction project incorporates a water-repellent admixture.
Used properly in new construction, the Tech Shield System provides the following benefits:
- Lasting resistance to wind-driven rain
- Reduced absorption and moisture wicking
- Decreased potential for unsightly efflorescence
- Enhanced color retention of architectural block & mortar
ConTec TS-922, TS-941, and formula variations* thereof are qualified Tech Shield System components use in the manufacture of water-repellent CMU. Tech Shield Mortar Admixture (or WR-650 powder) is either jobsite added or pre-blended into packaged masonry mortars to produce water-repellant masonry mortar.
* Water Repellent Admixtures that differ mainly in concentration levels and corresponding dosage rates
These products meet all performance criteria when tested by the following:
- ASTM C140 Standard Test Methods for Testing Concrete Masonry Units and Related Units – American Society for Testing and Materials
- TEK Note 19-7 Test Methods for Evaluating Characteristics of Concrete Masonry Units With Integral Water Repellent - National Concrete Masonry Association
- ASTM C270 Standard Specification for Mortars for Unit Masonry
- ASTM C1384 Standard Specification for Admixtures for Masonry Mortars
- ASTM E514 Standard Test Method for Water Penetration and Leakage Through Masonry